Sunday, October 24, 2010

hello kitty ice cream cake


Since my last couple blog entries were Hello Kitty related, I wanted to also show you the "hello kitty" cakes I've been making.  I made this ice-cream cake for my best friend Sue's birthday back in March.  It was a chocolate cake with homemade coffee-oreo ice cream - my favorite combination!

Before that, I had made this one for my friend Hsing last October.  It was a chocolate cake also with homemade mint oreo ice cream.


And I also made this mini 6-inch ice-cream cake for my friend Diana last February. It was a chocolate cake again, but I can't remember what ice-cream flavor I made.  I think it was my plain coffee ice-cream?


I think next I'm going to make something "hello kitty" for my daughter's first birthday, in December.  I need to start brainstorming for some new ideas!

*** Update:
You can now find my recipe for Hello Kitty Ice Cream Cake in my new book, "The Hello Kitty Baking Book"! Enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. OMG this is so nice....i'm looking for a hello kitty cake for my wedging

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't stop looking through your blog! your piping and weave works are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @baking&i - awww thank you for such a nice compliment! i'm so glad you're enjoying my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I can't log your email. May I know where ya from?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. whats the recipe for the oreo topping?: :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Anonymous - by 'oreo topping' are you referring to the homemade ice cream?

      Delete
  6. how do i make the 1st one not helping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Anonymous - here are a couple posts where i have more step-by-step photos on assembling an ice cream cake:

      http://i-heart-baking.blogspot.com/2013/01/holiday-birthday-ice-cream-cake.html

      and

      http://i-heart-baking.blogspot.com/2011/09/elmo-cupcakes-and-elmo-ice-cream-cake.html

      Delete
  7. I love, LOVE your blog! Been trying to go through them again (okay, this might have been the third or fourth time, but first time with a purpose) to see if anyone's asked before but can't seem to find it. How do you put your writing on your cakes? It's so perfectly done! Are you just free-handing it? Or using a guide of some kind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Denise - thank you! :) and yes the writing on my cakes are free hand. if you look at my handwriting, it looks exactly the same, haha! i do think piping neat writing on cakes takes some practice though, so you can practice on a plate or piece of parchment paper before actually piping on the cake. good luck! :)

      Delete
  8. Tour blod is really amazing. all looks so beautiful and yummy, how I wish I can also bake :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for the typo error, what I mean is YOUR BLOG is really amazing :)

      Delete
    2. @Cherry Anonuevo - aww, thank you! :)

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much for the inspiration. If you find the time, you can check mine...a lot to correct on the next one, but I believe I'm happy with it:

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=638675789491478&set=a.594980793860978.152003.227131920645869&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_comment

    ReplyDelete